Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

High, I have a canon tr8520 and have had an HP for many

Customer Question
High Russell, I have...

High Russell, I have a canon tr8520 and have had an HP for many years. Lost everything in a fire and now at 67 trying to figure out how to use this. One feature I had and used all the time was making enlargements or redutions from copies.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your TR8520?

Two months

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your TR8520?

Just regular copies and as I used to do tried to go into systems and locate the functions which would get me there with obvious no results. Very frustrated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Camera Expert to know before I connect you?

For now that'll really help as the down time with this learning curve is killing me.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

First, if you lack a manual or user's guide for the printer, here is a link from which you may download and view one on your computer:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/3/0300027613/01/TR8500ser_OnlineManual_Win_EN_V01.pdf

Second, enlargement or reduction of photocopies is a setting on the printer, as follows:

- First, select Copy.

- Second, look for 'Magnif.' on the screen. Select that - it will allow you to set Magnification, or Reduction, of the Photocopy. (The manual seems to reference a section with more specifics, but I can find no such section of the manual, I regret to say.)

- After the Magnif. factor (perhaps a percentage) is set, you Start the copy.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.