Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Tried to print, but said to swipe the wire cleaner. I did,

Customer Question
Tried to print, but...

Tried to print, but said to swipe the wire cleaner. I did, but keeps coming back with same information. Changed out all cartridges and still get same notification

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Jus slide the green tab on the drum

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

They are new refils

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/20/2018
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

In order to reset printer codes you need to switch it off and unplug it after every attempted fix

Turn it off and unplug for 5 mins then plug back in and see if the errors are now gone and let me know please

Thanks Mike

still has the same error
no thanks on the connect. Way to expensive

Thats not from me, please ignore those system messages.....

Have you tried to reinstall the new refilled carts?

I just tried that. I also tried a reset, but all to no avail

Ok try this.... Take out the carts and turn off the printer and reset it

NOW

Put the carts in and see if you get a new error

still getting the Slide the green tab message

Unfortunately this sounds like a hardware issue as the above should have taken care of the errors..

Some models of printer will actually reject refilled ink and cause all kinds of issues in the long run so that may have something to do it..

Thanks, ***** ***** it your best shot.

Your welcome....... Is it still under warranty?