Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer seems to get stuck after a few lines Error

The printer seems to...

The printer seems to get stuck after a few lines Error Code:0x97

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Haven't Lately

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printouts have not been good. Stripes and fuzzy lines are going through the print outs

3/21/2018
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

That may be caused by various things. The worst is, the printer may end up needing servicing.

However, some of what you have said, suggest that you should do a couple of printhead Cleaning cycles, using the Cleaning function in your printer's own menu system, under Setup or Settings, perhaps under the Maintenance sub-heading.

(Do not try to clean by hand. That can and often does ruin the printhead.)

Having run one cleaning cycle (the first), which takes several minutes after you order it, you should wait an additional 10 minutes or longer, with the printer unused.

Then run another cleaning cycle... you may wait a bit after that, or order a third nearly immediately, and then try another print.

If the error gets in the way of doing this, pull the power plug on the printer, and let the printer cool off for at least 20 minutes, before trying the cleaning cycles again, from the beginning.

Printhead overheating can cause this error code too... make sure the immediate surroundings of the printer is not too hot, not above 80 or so degrees Fahrenheit.

After that, though, the printhead might need to be replaced, if the above does not cure the problem... or the printer may need repair-servicing as a whole, or even be best replaced. (How old is the printer?)

Let me know how it goes, in Reply. I will help and advise further as needed.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for for help. Tried all of the above and is still not printing. The printer was purchased about 4 years ago and will have probably have to be serviced or will have to purchase a new printer. I have 2 sons in printer repair and will check with them.

Good - and thank you for letting me know, and for rating my work favorably. If there's anything else I can do for this matter, now or later, please let me know.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have checked with my sons and will need to purchase a new printer.

That sounds right. If you need any help with the purchase of a new printer, or with choosing a new printer, just let me know.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech