Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a xerox workcenter 6015 that is giving the error

Hi - have a...

Hi - have a xerox workcenter 6015 that is giving the error message 077-900 ‘paper jam’ when turned on - this happened after an actual paper jam and all visible bits of paper have been removed - any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Is your WorkCentre displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

All uptodate

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything

3/21/2018
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Xerox question.

Examine the area where the paper exits from the machine. Error 077- is a class of errors relating to 'Exit Paper Handling', so the problem is most likely to be in that region of the printer/copier.

Blow out that area with a bit of air, to make sure lint or fuzz isn't obscuring an optical sensor. Wipe out that area with a clean dry cloth, also, to make sure.

Note that the fuser might be in that region, and would be dangerously hot to touch at first, so turn Off the printer first and wait at least 10 minutes for it to cool off thoroughly before putting your hands near the exit area of the printer.

I hope that advice helps. Let me know how it goes, if you would, in Reply.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Hi - was able in the meantime to find a small piece of torn off paper that was causing the problem - as you suggested in the exit area - so your advice would have taken me in the right direction. Thanks for your help though.