Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new Epson 830X which I really liked. I use wi-fi…

I have a new...

I have a new Epson 830X which I really liked. I use wi-fi connections on my Mac laptop and my Linux Box (running Ubuntu). Everything was working until suddenly the Linux box stopped printing. I get error messages like "Printer is rejecting jobs." Do I need to reinstall the drivers? By the way, I'm by no means a Linux "power user," so please keep your answers simple. Thanks! ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Is your 830X displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Restart the printer?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A month ago, when I bought the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer works fine on my Mac and PC.

3/20/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Please try the following to clear the error:

First, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi).

Next, perform a power reset on the printer as that will drain errors from memory. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer, and then reboot all devices that connect to the wireless network and the printer, and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer