Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 6992B002 Canon PIXMA wireless printer with an error…

Customer Question
I have a 6992B002...

I have a 6992B002 Canon PIXMA wireless printer with an error message of B200. I have tried to unplug, then reconnect with no change. Thanks, Dave

Technician's Assistant: Is your Pixma displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not since purchase of 3/2015.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 month ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

1) Please remove all cartridges from printer with printer powered ON.

2) Wipe off contacts on cartridges with clean lint free cloth or paper towel.

3) Unplug printer from POWER (you wall power outlet), so printer goes dark

4) While the power is UNPLUGGED, press and hold the power button on printer for at least 30 seconds. Then, release power button.

5) Plug printer back in , and power on

6) Reinstall ink cartridges.

Please let me know results of these steps. Thanks.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the cartridges will not slide to the center position, they are to the left of the printer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no luck
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I pulled the ink cartridges to the center and went through the steps.

If the printhead isn't moving into position, you have a problem with the printer that needs to be fixed, and it may be what is throwing this error. Please repeat the steps again, and let me know if the carriage/head moves properly when you have it powered on so that you can install/remove cartridges.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No success. I recently filled a cartridge that seems to be leaking a little. But that would not explain the tray not moving, correct?

Yes, leaking ink can cause all kinds of damage to both the mechanical and electronic components of printer. Nowadays, it doesn't make a lot of sense to refill individual cartridges due to the risk of damage to the printer. It can throw off the cost/benefit on that.

You said "no success", so I'm not sure if that meant the printhead wasn't moving properly. If not, or even if it was, you are at a point now where the printhead and/or logic board on the printer may be faulty. The news about the leaking ink makes this diagnosis a bit more grim.

If you'd like to continue to troubleshoot, I would take a close look at the carriage and path if the printhead is not moving properly. If it is, then I would look into removing the printhead and trying to carefully clean it. However, cleaning may well not fix the issue, as a B200 most often winds up to a faulty printhead, unless the problem is something more easily "reset".

If the steps I've given don't fix, you are looking at replacing the printer. I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but it's accurate all the same.

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how can you determine if the printer head is broken?

There is no definite test for a broken printhead. The B200 means "abnormal voltage" at the head. This is a general error that doesn't always mean a damaged printhead. I can send you a link to purchase a new printhead, and that may fix the problem, but unless the printhead is very cheap, I wouldn't recommend that as you may wind up having to replace the printer anyway. If you like available information about a new printhead, please send me the MODEL of the printer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks for your responses. I will think about my next moive.

No problem. You can follow up with me if necessary for the next few days, and no addl fee for followup.

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.

technicalcat
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant