Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP envy 5532 running with WiFi to my computer.

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP envy 5532 running with WiFi to my computer. however, every little bit the computer decides that the printer is the Verizon WiFi and i loose my internet connection because the computer thinks the printer IS the WiFi. is there any setting im missing that keeps me on the real WiFi connection?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp ENVY 5532

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Years

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Long time. last time it screwed up with all sorts of passwords and security hassles

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/20/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 3 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please setup wireless on your printer by following the instructions in the link below. GO to the link, follow the instructions under Step 2: Connect to the wireless network.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5530-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5304881/model/5373124/document/c05760725

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
well not sure i got the answer i wanted but ill look at the link and see and i also see the $5 refundable charge for the FREE answer has just put also a $31 charge on my card. what's up with that????

I think you have setup wireless on the printer using WPS setup, that is why the computer sees ot as another Wifi. I would suggest you set it up with Standard Method, as per the instructions given in the link.

Please note that, you will be charged an initial $5 when you submit your question and payment information. You will be charged your remaining balance once the Expert responds to your question. If you used Paypal as payment, you will be charged the full amount when you submit your question.

We pride ourselves in our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not happy, we’ll give you your money back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
site just tells me how to set up the WiFi. i have done that years ago and it works i don't think you understand my problem

Have you ever setup Wifi using the standard connection, by selecting your wireless name and entering the password? Not the WPS method.

Thank you.

Customer/p>