Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

A SCAN MOTOR ERROR 0080 0090. Sc545ex. Today. The yellow and…

IM GETTING A SCAN...

IM GETTING A SCAN MOTOR ERROR 0080 0090

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your instrument?

Sc545ex

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your instrument? What have you tried so far?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

The yellow and black heads wont print I replaced head board and the print heads

3/20/2018
jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. This error code indicates scan motor error. There are various issues which could result in this error. However the most common issues are three. They are 1. slack carriage belt 2. bad motor 3. bad servo board.

Few of the basic troubleshooting steps for this issue are

• You can check if the belt is stuck on the motor or is loose.
  • Check if the belt is dirty
  • You may run the service mode and scan for the motor aging, if the error message returns this could be motor issue. If else the issue could be probably with the board.

Open the machine cover and check the motor to see if it looks like it's wearing out. Do your limit initialize and see if it solves the problem. When you do the limit initialize you have to follow with linear calib and flushing adjust in the service menu. The flushing adjust will determine how far back the carriage moves while printing so do it right and when you print you shouldn't get the contact with carriage and cap heads.

If nothing helps, please call Roland Product Support at (800)(###) ###-####/a>

jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer
jinsmn
jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer