Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. When I try to scan

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. When I try to scan either from auto-feed or from glass top I get amessage that

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your OfficeJet when you try to scan?

Didn't finish my question. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus Printer. When I scan from the automatic feeder it draws the paper into the feeder but gives me an error message "Reload original in the automatic document feeder (ADF) and try again". The same message appears if I try to scan from the glass top.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't know if it was ever done?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/20/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Sorry
I did not get back to you sooner. We have had some nasty weather here and I have been busy with FEMA work.
I did what you requested and with the same results. The auto-feeder sounds like it is trying to take additional paper into it but there was only one document.
No. I have Geek-Squad. I will try them.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.