Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

We have a J653DW all in one Brother printer. Where there is…

We have a J653DW...

We have a J653DW all in one Brother printer. Where there is color on something I am trying to print, it is printing any/all colors in pink. We do have Brother ink cartridges in the machine and none are low.

Technician's Assistant: What Brother model do you have?

MFC-J6535DW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Just started recently, within the last few days.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Your guess is as good as mine! Not sure!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is only issue.

3/20/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

A little better but red still comes out pink. Yellow printed but it was light & part of highlighted area was white instead of yellow.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I didn't have a Qtip. Tried to clean as best I could, didn't seem to make any difference. I will bring Qtip to office tomorrow and try again to clean as you directed.

Thank you

I will a mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician