Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am getting an error message: Oxc19a0042, stating there is…

I am getting an...

I am getting an error message: Oxc19a0042, stating there is a problem with the printer or ink system. I have turned off printer several times but still get this message. This occurred a few hours after the printer was working fine; I had installed colored ink and printed additional documents.

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Printer automatically defaults to this error message upon turning it on.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Don't recall

3/20/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

The error message is still on the display.

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

ID is 737 496 809
Password 7697
are you connecting to my computer?

connecting now

Richard, Technician