Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I get a blank copy of a document on an MX922. Canon mx922.

I get a blank...

I get a blank copy of a document on an MX922.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon mx922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX922?

Just statrted this morning. Never had a problem before.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I think there was an update a little while ago from Microsoft.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I know I have printed (or copied) something since the OS update.

3/20/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I'll let you know when the 10 minutes is up

Thank you

let's see if the reboot works first.

thanks

I powered on and tried a copy. I get a very poor printout. I changed the small black ink cartridge since it was almost empty but the quality was still poor.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

do i clean out the carriage that holds the ink. if so how do i move it over so i can get at it. right now i can't get at the carriage.

Yes, if it does not move by itself, move it by hand please

that seemed to solve the problem.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician