Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to reset my printer to the factory settings. Canon…

Good Day, I want...

Good Day, I want to reset my printer to the factory settings

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Isensys MF628CW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

I have been trying to set up the wireless network but it doesnt give me option to press on the wireless thing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats the only problem im facing right now

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

TO do this,

Go into the Canon menu from the front panel, then into SETTINGS, System Management Settings, Initialize Menu, then Initialize All.

This resets the printer to the factory default settings.

Let me know how you go please

Thank you

it doesnt give me an option to press on the initialize all

Do you see the option showing there?

Richard, Technician

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

it doesnt show

Thank you

it doesnt give me the option to reset

Are you talking to me on a windows computer?

pleasemy printer is having a problem,i cant select the options for reset...its in faint
Even if i am trying to set up a network on it,it doesnt give me an option to press there on the Wireles
cant you just tell me how to do it,i can easily follow the instructions

If it cannot be done via the panel we will try to do it via your computer, can you please do the instructions I keep repeating?