Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brand new xerox laser only used for a week and now saying…

Customer Question
Brand new xerox laser...

Brand new xerox laser only used for a week and now saying the toners are empty. I turned it off overnight and it is now saying there is 75% magenta left but all the others (yellow, cyan and black) need replacing. Frustrating as I know they are no way near empty.

Technician's Assistant: What Xerox model do you have?

FUJI XEROX DocuPrint CM225/228

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DOCUPRINT CM225?

Happened last night (trying to print out an assignment). Has been totally fine up until then

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It is a month old iMac

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it really

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/20/2018
Technician: cvd4311, Computer Analyst replied 4 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst

Take the toners out, lightly tapped them on a hard surface, then insert back in and turn on printer.

Nope. Didn't work. Still showing 0% in black, cyan and yellow toners.

Are they genuine Fuji ink cartridges and if so did you leave the printer to sit for a long time? You can also take out the toners make sure there is no plastic leave on it. If not then take a lightly soaked cotton swab and gently go over the toner.

If you have other toners, try those out. It could be a defective toner for that Fuji.

I did find a trick but not sure if it will work on the Xerox but it works on my brother and HP. Get a dark piece of electrical tape and put a small piece over the sensor. That will trick it into believing the cartridges have been replaced and are full. Once again I do not know if it will work on the Xerox but it is worth a try.