Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have error code 0 x 97. Not since we bought it. Not that i'm…

Customer Question
Have error code 0...

Have error code 0 x 97

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not since we bought it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i'm aware of,Pearl very good at knowing what to do with computers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/20/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of the printer?

wf 3640

Thank you

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson warranty (if registered when new, they usually extend it to 2), and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it. Beyond the warranty, it would cost more to fix than to replace.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

that didn't work Nathan,thanks for trying.

You're welcome, thanks for trying.
Do you know when the printer was purchased?