Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our printer has not been receiving messages from the

Customer Question
Our printer has not...

Our printer has not been receiving messages from the computer. The computer is a Dell, with windows 12, the printer is a Lexmark 2600, in the window of the printer, the letters E and J keep coming up when the printer is turned on.

Technician's Assistant: What Lexmark model do you have?

2600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Lexmark printer?

For about 6 months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I am not aware that we have done so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

We are somewhat rookies and so that is probably all for now

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do
No I want to fix it myself

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

How old is the printer?