Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a officejet HP 3830 printer and it is in error mode.

Customer Question
I have a officejet...

I have a officejet HP 3830 printer and it is in error mode. I acn not fix it and I need to speek to some one to help me please

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Laptop It has been working fine for over 12 months

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 3830?

Last 2 months I have been away

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have tried to fix it with many attempts but am ready to throw it I brought a new printer but I can't set that up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need to print from my printer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/20/2018
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello I am sorry you are having trouble with your printer. Are you seeing a specific error code on the printer or computer when you attempt printing?

just says its in error mode
it's cheaper to go buy a new printer

Have you tried turning off the power and unplugging it for 5 to 10 minutes and seeing if that resolves the error? If not, please try that now. I will look up the manual for that printer.

I have
I have tried to uninstall and re install

There is no need to do a remote session, I apologize but that is an automated dialogue in case you need remote assistance (which you do not need).

Does the printer give the same error even when not connected to the computer? Usually it will be plugged in by USB, if that is disconnected, and the printer is turned on, is the error still there?

Are you still attempting to resolve this issue?