Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have HP Office Jet Pro 8710. I need to send a fax. I load…

Customer Question
I have HP Office...

I have HP Office Jet Pro 8710. I need to send a fax. I load the sheets in the feeder, dial the #, and hear the phone do the dialling, but that is it. The papers do not feed. Maybe i do not have it hooked up properly. This is the first time I have tried to send a fax. I have been waiting to speak to a tech person for about 10 minuets.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Printing and copying are working fine. I have not used the printer for scanning so I do not know if it is working. Could use some help to learn to scan.

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

As I said, this is the first time I have tried to use it to fax.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Maybe I do not have it hooked up properly. I got a message when I tried to troubleshoot that the phone line is not hooked up the printer, i have a good dial tone.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/19/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.