Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have paper in the printer and it tells me it is printing…

Customer Question
I have paper in...

I have paper in the printer and it tells me it is printing and then it tells me that I need to add paper. The paper is new (not curled) and I have performed this operation many, many times so I know how to load the paper. What is happening here?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Photosmart 7520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

It just happened today. Never had any other trouble with it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have a contract with HP Smart Friend and they are always helping with computer issues.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/19/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please try the following to update the printer driver (software):

Is it running Windows 10? If so, try the following:
In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.
Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I type in device manager and nothing comes up
I'd like to be able to get to the driver myself. How can I get it to allow me to select printer.
Are you there?

Yes, one moment for me to review your message.

Ok, what version of Windows are you running?

Windows 10

On your desktop, do you have the search box? It has a circle by it.

that is where I typed device manager,

The remote service offer is automatically generated by the system. You can just ignore it if you don't want remote service.

Try typing it again and see if it comes up in the list. Otherwise, right click on start and click on device manager from that list.

It says the device is working properly. What do I do now?

Has it done any Windows updates before this issue?

It was done on 12//2017

What I mean is, did a Windows update cause the issue?

No updates that I know of.

Ok, it could be the paper sensor too. First, click on the link below to review the page with troubleshooting steps for this condition on your printer:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03403431

Once done, reply and let me know if it fixed it and then we can look closer at the software, if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I thought I would go ahead and send you the driver link, too to try next. Please click on the link below. Make sure your correct Windows version is selected and download the full feature software and driver. Once it is downloaded, power off the printer, run the software and follow the prompts to reinstall it.

Link: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I think the driver was replaced last year. Are we going to be able to get this working or do I need to get a refund from you people and take it to a repair shop?
Is there anyone there to help me?