Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I made a booklet in WORD but my printer stopped working and…

I made a booklet...

I made a booklet in WORD but my printer stopped working and I replaced it with an officejet pro 6978. Somehow, I can't get the settings right to print the booklet. All I get io all four pages on one side of one sheet at 1/4 size. I'm bewildered.

Technician's Assistant: Which programs (name and version) are you experiencing this issue with?

WORD in Office 2013

Technician's Assistant: Is your Word file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

One Drive yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this costing me more because it is taking so long?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still need help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I keep giving them a valid card number and I'm getting a payment error

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok i dont want to lose you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on with customer servic now

OK

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there Harry?

Yes, I am here.

Are you on a PC or a Mac?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is happening?

Sorry, for the delay.

Are you available for the remote session in 2 hours?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there any chance you could just tell me what to do to fix this?

Click Page Setup. You’ll find in in the Settings section.

This is probably the most important step, as you’ll be setting up the whole document here. In the window which comes up, start by selecting Book fold in the Pages section.

Now, let’s set the Gutter. The gutter is the space between the part where the document folds and your actual content. You can experiment with it until you find the best gutter size for your booklets.

Also, pick the margin sizes you want.

Once all the margins look good to you, click OK at the bottom.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've done this before and have rechecked it now.

OK then I will need to connect to see where the issue is

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK 8:00 ?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I'll be ready

Great! Reply back here at 8

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I just leave this open?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK bye

Thank you

Harry, Engineer
Robert M., Consultant

this is rob

i have your prem servive request

please call me at the number in the secure section and i will get you a link for a remote session

but i strongly suspect that the problem is going to be that it needs to be set to duplex to do the booklet and that printer either does not do duplex or its not set to do so.

duplexing is an option on that printer. You have to set it to on in the device driver

assuming that you purchased it with the optional duplexer.

Harry, Engineer