Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Wh ere do I find the fax connection report. WorkforceWF3640.

Wh ere do I...

Wh ere do I find the fax connection report

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

WorkforceWF3640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

2 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I haven't

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I checked fax connection and it says okay -I get a dial tone on phone, fax settings says 2 rings Auto answer, I checked all connections to make sure plugged in and restarted still no faxes come in copy machine/fax

You can select from several fax reports to print whenever necessary. You can also have the fax log printed automatically by selecting System Administration > Fax Settings > Output Settings > Fax Log Auto Print.

Press the home button, if necessary.

Select Fax.

Select Menu, select Fax Report, and select the report you want to print.

I need to know how to receive faxes this is the feature not currently working I can fax out

Are you able to send faxes?

Make sure it is setup for automatic receiving.

To receive faxes automatically, make sure Receive Mode is set to Auto (the default setting for the product).

To change the Receive Mode setting if necessary, select Setup > System Administration > Fax Settings > Receive Settings > Receive Mode

All the settings check out
when people fax the phone says no answer and faxes don't come thru
  • If you cannot receive faxes when a telephone is connected to your product, set Receive Mode to Manual and make sure your telephone is connected to your product's EXT port.
  • If you're using an answering machine, make sure it's connected to the EXT port on the product and not a wall jack.
  • If you connect an answering machine and Auto Answer is turned on, make sure the product's Rings to Answer setting is set higher than the number of rings your answering machine is set to answer a call.
  • Make sure paper is loaded correctly in your product.
  • Turn call waiting off. Call waiting may disrupt an incoming fax.
Still can't send out

Did you try all of the above?

Harry, Engineer
I got a new phone and printer fax couldn't get other to work even with the advice so decided to replace machine & phone Thanks Nan