Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson Stylus NX430 will copy but will not print. I'm

Customer Question
My Epson Stylus NX430...

My Epson Stylus NX430 will copy but will not print

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

I'm printing from an old Gateway laptop with Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?

Not sure. I don't use it on a regular basis

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

A few months ago. I have checked for updates on the printer and everything checks out as current

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

I use a USB cable. When I try to print, paper is fed through the printer and it sounds as if it is printing but it does not print. I do not want to spend any more money on this issue. Please tell me what I need to do to correct this without remotely connecting to my computer at a charge of $39.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

This did not work.
I have new information. I was trying to print a black and white document. When I printed something in color, it printed verything except the black text.