Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother all in one 7365dn will not scan to email on my imac.

Customer Question
Brother all in one...

Brother all in one 7365dn will not scan to email on my imac

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Brother printer when you try to scan?

No say its scanning

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never didnt know i had to

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just wanna come into this century and scan to my computer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 6 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

Then, try scanning using ImageCapture by following the instructions in the link below.

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-scan-in-os-x-using-image-capture/

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>