Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to scan in a document to attach to an email and don't…

I need to scan...

I need to scan in a document to attach to an email and don't know how to do it my printer is not working via internet and I am plugged in with a usb cable

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Tried to today but would not go through I don't have time to mess with it if at all possible need to get this letter over asap

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Canon MX492 and HP with windows 10 yes can copy yes you can access the computer I just want to know how to scan

Please click on the below link, it will open a new web page. Over there you will see I agree button. Click the button and you will get an option to Run or Save. Please click on Run and follow the instructions.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=10e336e7-dc25-4d59-98ed-96a96aff4ed4

Thank you.

not paying any more just tell me what to do to scan

You do not have to pay extra.

Thank you.

You do not have to pay extra.

Thank you.

are you talking about clicking the secure remote assistance requested which indicated a cost of $39
I am beginning to think this is a rip off I want my $5 refunded

You have already did that, however i can help you not to get charged for that.It is a different link.

Thank you.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

Thank you!

Robert M., Consultant

this is a program that will allow you to scan to email easily

https://sourceforge.net/projects/naps2/

my phone number is ***** the secure section

give me a call and i will setup a remote session to show you how to use it