Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I was restarting my apple desktop because the printer was…

I was restarting my...

I was restarting my apple desktop because the printer was not finding my computer and it won't accept my password. I changed the password ***** my iPhone thinking the cloud would pick it up and it won't open with new password ***** I'm totally locked out of my computer.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. How do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Where do I find Mac Technician

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is asking for the local or admin password ***** your Mac. Don't you remember it?

SusanMac1955

Remember, the password ***** Mac is asking is not Apple ID password. It is the password ***** use to install apps, updates etc on your Mac. It is the password ***** probably setup on it when you bought the Mac. Did you try it?

Since your Mac is not opening, secure remote will not work. So you will not be charged for the secure remote.

If you don't remember the login or admin password, then you can reset the password ***** booting into Mac OS Utilities screen.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

Turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button for 5-10 seconds.

Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 10 seconds.

This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS Utilities” menu.

Click on the “Utilities” menu in the top bar and select “Terminal".

In Terminal, type (without space)--> resetpassword

Press return. This will bring Reset Password ***** Select the hard disk at top column,select the user account from the drop down under it, confirm the user account and then change password ***** Save. Then click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown.

Turn it back on. After restarting, if you get any message about Keychain then click Create New Keychain.

If you are still getting keychain error, then reset the keychain access database. Follow the steps below to reset Keychain;

Go to System Preferences > iCloud and click Sign Out. If asked to keep or delete stuffs, click Keep. Then in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu at the top bar and select Library. This will open Library folder. Trash Keychain folder in there and restart your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

It’s asking for my email account password. When I put it in it says there was an error connecting to the Apple ID server.

Is it asking in the Reset Password *****?

Also, can you check if it is connected to internet, click the WiFi icon at the top and check it

I was t connected. Now I am. Maybe that’s why the passwords didn’t work.

Yes, restart your Mac and see if you can login now.

I think it’s fixed. THANK YOU!

You're most welcome !

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Technician