Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have enjoyed my HP Envy 4520 for over a year. But now

Customer Question
I have enjoyed my...

I have enjoyed my HP Envy 4520 for over a year. But now this: I was writing a letter and when I pressed "print" the printer began "spouting" blank pages, one after the other and I pressed the stop button. When I tried to repeat the process, the printer light wouldn't tun on. Checked the connections. They're OK. help please.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried running your printer's self-cleaning cycle? (Sometimes you have to run this several times to see results.)

The power is off. Pressing the ON-OFF button does nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges?

What metal contacts on the printer. Cartridges are fine

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I will welcome the the walk-through. Please connect and thank you for the help.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/19/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

I think the cartridges are not the problem.

Try this first:

- unplug the printer from the power.

- Leave it that way for at least 1 hour, to cool down and reset thoroughly.

- Meanwhile, restart the computer.

- At the end of the 1 hour or longer period, see whether the printer will turn On, and if it does, see whether it will do a photocopy, using its own controls and buttons, before sending a print job to it.

- If the printer will turn On after the above, then you may need to do an uninstall of the printer's drivers, a restart of the computer (again), and a reinstall of the printer's drivers. Multiple blank pages are probably a sign of corruption in the driver, when they are not a sign that the printer itself is 'broken'.

Let me know how that goes, and what happens. I will help further as needed.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

i HAVE ASKED YOU TO UNSUSCRIBE ME FROM Just-Aanswer. Thank you for your free trial suggestion, but nothing worked. Please confirm that I am not a subscriber of JustAnswer. Thank you.
Paul Laric

I can offer further help, for the same question, if you wish... just let me know, please, if you would like further suggestions.

As for unsubscribing you... I have, as an Expert with JustAnswer, no power over subscription status. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.