Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I hava a MFC-L-8600 CDW printer and it is putting an indent…

Customer Question
I hava a MFC-L-8600...

I hava a MFC-L-8600 CDW printer and it is putting an indent and on the first few pages a black smug on the right side of the printed page in about 1 1/2 inches.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

HP using windows 10 but this a mach problem not a software.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-L-8600?

Not long seems like it just started

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/19/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

The indent is probably a problem with software. Perhaps the document printed is set up wrongly; or the one document (if there is only one document with this problem) is corrupted or otherwise defective.

But the black smudge is a different matter: it is perhaps a defect on the 'drum' in the printer. This is especially likely if it repeats down the page at intervals of about 2 inches, roughly speaking, and if it is the same shape and size each time.

If it does so repeat down the page (as opposed to being seen only once on the page, or being a line that is continuous down the page) then replacing the drum is recommended.

(To make doubly sure this is a correct diagnosis, if you feel like taking the extra time, I suggest that you scan one such defective page of printout, then post the scanned-in image file, using the ADD+ function on the JustAnswer question page. That way, it will be posted to me with your Reply, and I can take a look at it and be sure of my diagnosis... such an image of a page with a defect speaks clearer than several dozen words of description.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.