Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to put in new ink and the ink cartridge stays on the…

Hi I want to...

Hi I want to put in new ink and the ink cartridge stays on the right side of the printer not the middle so I cant get at the cartrige

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

620/xp

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No errors I open lid they stay on the right side

3/19/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

it does the same thing cartage stays on right side

ok, remove the power to it and then move it to the middle by hand.

Tell me if it then moves please

Richard, Technician

Please give me the phone number to call you on

nope it dosnt move2034309268

The call goes to voicemail.

But are you able to firmly grasp the printhead to move it when the power was removed to the printer?

someone keeps texing me
my phonee number is(###) ###-####
try again i was getting texed

I was not texting.. I am calling but it goes to voicemail.

We will continue here

are you able to firmly grasp the printhead to move it when the power was removed to the printer?

it wont move.i have a home number(###) ###-####

Thanks

It is the printhead that has siezed, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

the printer prints i was just wanting to change the ink.

yes but you cannot if the printhead has siezed and will not move

well iwish you would call me on my phone(###) ###-####.i keep getting texes on the other line

I called that other number, heard hello and then it went silent

I'm sorry i hit the wrong button try again please