Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer says it is "off line." How do I get it back to…

Customer Question
My printer says it...

My printer says it is "off line." How do I get it back to "on line?"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Office Jet Pro 8710

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Just recently. I was printing a document of about 400 pages and for some reason it started with page 28 and then when I tried to print the first 28 pages, it said "off line"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

No sure, but when I get prompts, I follow them

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/19/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please