Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP 2320fxi beeps every time I send a document from the PC…

My HP 2320fxi beeps...

My HP 2320fxi beeps every time I send a document from the PC to print. The document prints and no error or other messages appear in the machines screen or on my PC screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP mc2329 fxi mfp

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MC2329?

Several weeks now. I think it started when I replaced the printer toners.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I installed the windows 10 driver last week and it caused problems because it would only print in B&W. A friend installed a Microsoft driver and it allowed the settings to be changed to colour on but it is still beeping.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The Microsoft code is updated as per the Microsoft system and I have not added any additional code.

3/19/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I have disconnected the machine and will advise when I turn it back on.

Thank you

While I am waiting, Where do I get the correct HP driver for this machine whilst it runs under windows 10 and is set for 64 bit processing. I used the 2014 version from HP which shows as a windows 7 driver but states it is the windows 10 driver. Do you know if there is a later driver for this unit.Murray

.

Richard,I have had some internet problems but when I reconnected the printer it sounded a beep and when I sent a word document to the printer again it beeped. Powering off did not clear the problem.

Can you replace the ink in the printer, tell me if it then prints please

No I can't do that. The toner cartridges cost about $750 and I have just replaced them.
I could take them out and then put them back in if that will solve the problem.

Do you still have the old ones with you?

No, I have disposed of them at the recycling center. What about my Idea of just reinstalling the existing ones?Will this have an effect on the computer chips in the toner cartridges and the counter in the machine?

ok, please do this.

It should not effect the counter as it knows they are the same ones.

I reinstalled the toner cartridges and when I closed the door the machine beeped. Another point that may help, There is an "!" mark on the face of the printer next to the screen. It flickers in red for a time almost after all commands and then goes out. I do not recall this happening in the past. Could this be something to do with the problem.

Yes it looks to be the printhead or a faulty cartridge, but have you tried printing from a different computer?

No, I only have this desktop unit connected to the printer. I will try and see whether I can connect my laptop to the printer and see what it does. This will have to be tomorrow as my wife is about to serve up dinner and I need to go.How can I check the print head?

You can only test it by ruling everything out.

Connect the laptop tomorrow and see if that works as it rules this out.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Richard,
I have not been able to print from my laptop because it does not have a HP driver installed. I tried to download a driver but have had no success.Murray

What happens when you try to install the driver?

still the next button is still greyed out.Any suggestions?Murray
Richard,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I was waiting for a friend to come and help me with the problem.We downloaded the driver from your connection and it was the windows 64bit version for windows 10. The driver installed and it then went to a screen that asked whether the printer was connected via a usb or network. It is via a usb. the "next "button is greyed out so we hit the back key, unpluged the usd in both the printer and computer also repowered the printer and still the next button did not appear. from the help went back and left the machine for about 10 minutes to see if any hidden files had not yet been installed.

ok, can you try to install it on a different computer, does it install on that?

I will try and report back
Richard,
I have been working at my computer for over 90 minutes trying to get the driver installed or getting the printer up and running.
When I went to exit the setup an error message appeared that read error situation code 15819496
now launching=
x:\hpzdvi40.exe-1xxx-1fx:\divins?? .datrun:driveru1plug-inexitcode=50
I downloaded the driver software again and tried to install it with the USB unplugged from the printer as instructed. All went mas before and when the screen asked how the printer was connected to the computer I again selected the USB option. then pressed next and still the next button was greyed out. I then connected the usb to the printer, pressed the back button and again pressed the next button but nothing changed.During all of this a small icon appeared in the bottom of the screen stating that the printer was being configured and after a shoet time another icon appeared and said printer successfully configured. The other point is when in the HP driver screen the software that was downloaded stated it was for windows 7 and not for windows 10. Even though in the line item it showed that the operating system was 64 bit windows 10 operating system.I am reluctant to try it on another machine becase I have no printer at the moment, I am a tax agent and need to have an operational printer to be able to do my work. I need help urgently and would appreciate it if you could give my problem some attention.Thanks,Murray
Richard,I am disappointed that you have not responded to my previous email. Seeing you have not rplied we can close this connection and I will seek alternative options to solve my problem.Thank youMurray

Hi there Murray

I am sorry, for some reason the response did not show in my list.

But the agreement was to try to install it on another machine, this I need you to do please