Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an 2540 printer/scanner/copier i have not used the…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. i have...

Good afternoon. i have an 2540 printer/scanner/copier i have not used the equipment for a long time and moved house. today i want to copy however find that the generic color cartridge has leaked. I tried to clean the electronic component and bought new cartridge. still it does not work, the black print light is off (good sign i assume) however the color light is blinking (the left one?)

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

The light below the Wifi is off as well no error code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A few years ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This was my spare printer

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/19/2018
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the printer has not been used in some time but ink was left inside it then it will need a thorough cleaning out using cleaning solvents to remove the dried and leaked ink before it can be used again.

The internal ink tubes in the printhead may also be blocked - cleaning these out is a very time-consuming process and requires stripping the printhead down.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer