Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My printer is not printing. I have just replaced cartridges.

Customer Question

my printer is not printing. I have just replaced cartridges. I tried shutting down and now it has the ball spinning and says shutting down but nothing happens. How can I force shut down?
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: I have it plugged into my computer
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I just got the printer 2 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

You can disconnect both the power cable and the usb cable and hold the power button down for about thirty (30) seconds to discharge the circuits. Then reconnect and turn on the power. This should reset the printer to the ready state. Please let me know what happens.