Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can print from my computer but cannot scan to email. When…

I can print from...

I can print from my computer but cannot scan to email.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No. When I push scan, it goes to email. When I push that, it goes back to the home page.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have never done so. Would not know how.

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No--I do not know what the Expert would want.

3/19/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I still need help so want to continue.
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Are you able to copy like Xerox (photocopy) without using the computer?

Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
First problem: I am 82 years old; this is still very new stuff to me, and my nephew is the one who set up my equipment in the first place. So......Here are some answers to the best of my ability.....
I am not sure if it is Windows 10 or one before that. Maybe 8?
There is a wire from my printer to computer; maybe that is a USB cable?
Yes, I can photocopy without using the computer.
My nephew had a fit when I let a crook into my computer. I trust you are honest? Not working for Russia?

You can trust me. We are experts from justanswer.com.

Please click on the below link, it will open a new web page. Over there you will see I agree button. Click the button and you will get an option to Run or Save. Please click on Run and follow the instructions.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=10e336e7-dc25-4d59-98ed-96a96aff4ed4

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I am not getting a run button. And cannot open the file.

May I know the browser you are using? is it Firefox?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I have no idea. All I know is that I have an Acer Chromebox, which I bought 1 or 2 years ago.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
HP Photosmart 6525

Since you are using a Chrome book, it is very difficult to access your computer. Could you please try following the instructions in the link below?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-6520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5169038/model/5271612/document/c05881028

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I am going to have to ask my nephew for help. I do not understand a word of whatyou sent. Thanks for trying. Do I still pay all of that money?

It is simple. Just try following the instructions in the link I have given. You will not be charged for the remote support.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Thanks much. But what is simple for a youth like you is awful for an old lady whose brain gets so confused.

Could you pleas ask your nephew just follow the instructions in the below link?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Shall do. Thanks again.

Please be back if you have any issues.

Thank you.

Customer/p>