Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer HP6968. Will not accept a replace xl 920 black…

My printer HP6968. Will not...
My printer HP6968. Will not accept a replace xl 920 black cartridge. It displays an error to replace the black cartridge and no longer functions. It worked fine till I ran out of ink and replaced the cartridge. This is the second cartridge I purchased to be sure there wasn’t a cartridge problem
This is one question NOT two orders I’m not paying twice
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I can’t get past the error msg about reinstalling the black ink cartride

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

I still have the msg Is this something you can fix remotely or is it not worth it

No, ignore that automated offer.

How old is the printer?

Less than one year

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

The good news is that your printer is still under warranty. Please call HP at 1-***-***-**** to start the warranty process.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer