Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot print photos from my iPhone. HELP PLEASE. Wirelessly.

Customer Question
Cannot print photos from...

Cannot print photos from my iPhone. HELP PLEASE

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Mmmmmm. didn't know I had to do this. don't know how to. Help.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Mac??? I have iPhone and HP Envy 5540 printer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Please try the following to clear the error:

First, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet

access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the

power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the

router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router

(if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both

routing and WiFi).

Next, perform a power reset on the printer as that will drain errors from

memory. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave

the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the

printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip)

and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the

printer and power down then power up the iPhone, and then test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.