Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson printer says it is connected to may wifi... I run a…

Customer Question
My Epson printer says...

My Epson printer says it is connected to may wifi... I run a connection report it is fine... I even manually added it to the network again twice... Every time I try to print something from y iMac the tis on the same wifi network I get a communication error and nothing happens!!!

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your Epson printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessy per my email

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I checked the firmware on the printer and it says it is the latest firmware... you mean on my iMac?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Please try the following to clear the error:

First, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet

access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the

power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the

router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router

(if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both

routing and WiFi).

Next, perform a power reset on the printer as that will drain errors from

memory. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave

the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the

printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip)

and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the

printer and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.