Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot scan. Message pops up that I do not have required…

I cannot scan. Message...

I cannot scan. Message pops up that I do not have required privileges.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

92443

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Tried to today but won't let me

3/18/2018
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

I figured it out myself after having already trying everything you suggested. I reassigned the scan to a new folder. Windows 10 has some issues with controlled folder access. I needed to create a new folder.

Glad you found the problem and that the issue is resolved and thanks for letting me know.

Best regards,

David.

Syseng
Syseng, Engineer