Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer keeps registering that there is no paper when…

Customer Question
My printer keeps registering...

My printer keeps registering that there is no paper when there is. I have tried loading and unloading, plugging and unplugging and it doesn't help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon image class MF216n

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

It worked the last time I tried to use it with my old laptop. I don't remember when I tried to use it with my new laptop but at least a couple of months.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

My new laptop is a new model MacBook Pro and it gets periodic updates when they have them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Occasionally the printer says there is a paper jam and I can't find one. It won't work on either lap top and the icon comes up on the printer that says there is no paper.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ugo A
Ugo A, Computer Software Engineer

Good afternoon,

My name is Ugo.

Please try options below:

Option #1:

- Go to home menu

- You select settings
- Device Settings
- Plain Paper Feed Settings
- Set up on Rear Tray instead of cassette

Option #2:

- use this link from step #2 : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00786157

Don't worry that it's an HP website. I believe those directions to be sound.

Please let me know if the steps do or don't work, so I know whether to come up with an alternative solutions. Thanks.