Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon mx490 printer the printer Que says creating print data…

Customer Question
Canon mx490 printer the...

Canon mx490 printer the printer Que says creating print data but will not print

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your MX490: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I uninstalled the device and reinstalled it twice this morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It prints from my apple but not from windows 10

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Is anyone there ?
3/18/2018
Technician: jinsmn, Engineer replied 4 months ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem?

No I don't trust anyone having access to my computer
I already sent $33 and have not got anything for it

No problem, then please try the first troubleshooting step. Uninstall printer driver from your Windows computer. Restart the computer. Re-install printer driver and check the result.

I have already done that twice, I said that in earlier text

Okay, go to Control Panel > Systems & Security > Administrive Tools > Services. Then scroll down to Print Spooler. Open Print Spooler. Stop it, then start it. Try printing again.

still the same thing comes up

Stop Print Spooler

Go to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers and delete everything in there

Uninstall Printer Driver.

Turn OFF the printer and disconnect every cables connected to it.

Hold down the power button printer for 60 seconds

Connect the cables and Turn ON the printer

Install driver

Try to print again.

still does nothing,now printer icon will not come up on my task bar,you are making it worse
Almost an hour and a half has past since I began this Way to long for tech service

Did you re-installed the printer driver? Is it showing in Devices and Printers?

you will have to email me I can't sit here all day, very poor service.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.