Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an error message that my printer does not recognize…

I have an error...

I have an error message that my printer does not recognize my cartridge after using it for 2 months or so. It is a generic cartridge so I inserted a genuine cartridge in it's place and the message is still there. I have turned off the printer over night but that did not help

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

No matter what I do, I cannot remove the message.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I'm not sure but I cannot find a driver update to install.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Of course, it will not print.

3/18/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

That did not work. Any other suggestions?
No thank you. I'll keep trying. Thanks

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

Thank you.

Epson WF7520

Please try cleaning the printhead two or three times by following the instructions in the link below.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf7510/wf7510ug/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/wf7510_7520/cleaning_head_lcd_wf7510_7520.html

Let me know the result.

Thank you.

I don't know which of the solutions I tried worked but it is working now. Knock wood! As I was printing my next project the yellow cartridge became unrecognized and I changed it and it picked it right up. I could not do the nozzle cleaning you had suggested because my printer would not advance from the error message. As I said, something I did cleared it up and it is working now. Thank you.

I am glad to hear that. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

Thank you!