Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting an error code 5200. I've tried turning it off…

Customer Question
Hi I keep getting...

Hi I keep getting an error code 5200. I've tried turning it off and on several times, but now when it prints there appears to be misalignment on the page

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It only comes up with the message when the paper doesn't feed through. I've tried selecting maintenance to clean it but it hasn't worked

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not recently

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

That error code can relate to printhead temperature rise being sensed. It may mean that the printer has been too busy and worked too much, and that unplugging the printer for at least 15 minutes, before trying it again, can help - it lets the error reset and also lets the printhead cool down.

Misalignment on the page? you may need to do a printhead alignment... or two, twice that is ... and then, if i persists, either the printhead may need replacing or even the whole printer might need service-repair or replacement.

(How old is your printer, please? What make and model is it?)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech