Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP Envy 6220 printer. I have a new HP printer Envy…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Envy 6220 printer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

I have a new HP printer Envy connected to a Mac. Need to scan and getting message not set up to scan.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing such trouble with your scan function
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

is the printer connected to usb or its on wifi network?

Wifi

the printer is not running the scanner function due to the scanner driver not found.

you will have to install a full featured driver software to make the scanner function to work.

what is the version on Mac you have on the computer?