Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Officejet pro 8600 that has developed a problem.

Customer Question
I have an Officejet...

I have an Officejet pro 8600 that has developed a problem. Part of the problem is resolved but now when I want to print a document it takes forever probably 3-5 minutes. The queue says it's ready to print but it just sits there.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly. I have two other printers as well and they experience no delay nor any problem printing

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not if he can fix this problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help. Waiting to see your answer that was waiting for me this morning. You can connect but I'd still like some idea of what the problem was.
Before I pay the extra $39 I'd like to know what's wrong.
Is there a way to find out how long it will be before I find out the answer to my problem that I'm waiting for
While I'm waiting for my answer to appear (and I will be leaving in about an hour to attend services), I have 3 computers that use this Officejet Pro 8600. One is a Mac that is probably 15 years old, one is a MacBook Pro laptop and then the one I am having this printer problem on, an iMac (the 2 newer Macs run High Sierra). the only problem is with the iMac. So I don't know if it's a printer problem or a computer problem but when I attempt to print from the iMac, it says the job is completed on the server but then it just sits there and sits there showing a document that says ready to print, completed on server.and then when I click on utility, it shows "unable to communicate with the selected device. It may have been turned off, or otherwise disconnected." this is the driver version HP Inkjet 3 Driver 4.3.0
If I don't get a response prior to coming back from services, I need to cancel this service and get my credit card credited so I can attempt another fix.

OK