Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

HP officejet 6600 printer shows "unable to copy, scan or…

Customer Question
HP officejet 6600 printer...

HP officejet 6600 printer shows "unable to copy, scan or send faxes" on display. Only recent change is that I have a new wifi PW and LI

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your OfficeJet when you try to scan?

It will not scan

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

6months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just changed my wife LI and PW

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 5 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

1. Unplug all cables (including printer USB cable) and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, wait for two minutes.

4. After two minutes, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

I tried all that you suggested and my printer still does not copy, print, nor scan.
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 4 months ago

Thank you.

I have already done this, it does not work.

Are you able to print fine?

Thank you.

no it will not print or even copy. when I turn it back on, the display flashes all buttons, gives "00759C98" in the display. I turn it off again, then the display shows "unable to scan, copy or send faxes"
BTW: I HAVE PAID $39 FOR YOU TO GET ON MY SYSTEM VIA MODEM.

Please try following the instructions in the link below. If the issue perists, you have to get the printer repaired.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03262508

Thank you.