Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is a LaserJet 4100. I know it an older unit, but…

Customer Question
My printer is a...

My printer is a LaserJet 4100. I know it an older unit, but it seems to be functioning properly. That is, the panel shows that it is "ready". However, I am unable to send printing projects to it. In the control panel, I am unable to send a "test page" to the printer. I wonder if an update to windows or some other software done something to my computer so that the print driver are out dated. Do you have any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A desk top. HP p6250t

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LaserJet?

About two weeks

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I think the OS is automatically updated. It says it is Windows 10 64based

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so. Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

My problem is related to printing. My computer is a HP p6250t Desk Top. My printer is HP LaserJet 4100. The panel on the printer says that it is "READY". However, I am unable to send print jobs from the computer. The device window in the control panel asks to send a "test page". from the control panel to the printer. When I do that, the device send the test page and it is in the See whats printing, but it does not reach the printer. Any Ideas?

Yes, it sounds like the issue can be resolved by uninstalling the printer drivers, rebooting the computer, then installing the most current drivers which you can download at the following link:

click here

Once you download the driver installer, select to run the downloaded file when prompted or double click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Let me know if you have questions with any of the steps.