Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot make copies. I press the copy button and nothing…

Customer Question
I cannot make copies...

I cannot make copies. I press the copy button and nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Hp envy 7640 all in one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Since Thursday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.