Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a 5000ml royal cash management system. it was working…

Customer Question
Have a 5000ml royal...

Have a 5000ml royal cash management system. it was working fine until it ran out of journal paper. we replaced the paper.now the display shows R Printer head up and continuously beeps. any help would be appreciated.I

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

I don't know. it is whatever is inside the register. register is a Royal 5000ML.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

First time today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Last year

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/18/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since it was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave it for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the back into all peripherals. Then power it up and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

David.

That did not help.

Ok then I am going to open up the question to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi - this is Russell H., Expert with JustAnswer.com. I suggest that you check whether, in putting new journal paper in, you might have dislodged or flipped upward (etc., in any way affecting) the right-hand printhead.

(If there's only one printhead on your model, then just the printhead itself needs checking on.)

The printhead would have to be 'down', or near the paper, for it to work, if this is a heat-transfer printing system. So be sure there is no gap between the printhead and the journal paper. (Don't touch the printhead much, and note, use caution near it, it might just be hot enough to burn the fingers. For safety, do this inspection and/or adjustment with the power Off, after 10 minutes to let it cool down.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.