Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The light for wfi dosent come on. Canon pixma mg3022. Just…

The light for...

The light for wfi dosent come on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon pixma mg3022

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Just trying to do first setup

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Computer a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It also doesn't hook up to my cell phone

3/17/2018
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Did you connect the printer to your computer to set up the wifi?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried to thru my wfi , would go up to the point of asking to turn on wfi button on printer. When pushing and holding button the light dosent flash

Thanks for the info,

that process really doesn't work well on these printers, it only works for basic unsecured networks or routers using wps, which most do not support because of security limitations.

What you really need to do to properly set up the printer is connect it to your computer via usb cable,

install the software disc that came with the printer, and that software will allow the computer to program the printer to connect to the wifi by choosing the wifi network and putting your wifi password ***** Then after that is done you can disconnect the usb cable if desired to use it on the wifi network for printing from your phone.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was coming to that point too, as I tried wfi connection to my phone too, and that doesn't work either, same problem.
So I'll take it from there, THANKS A LOT!

You're very welcome! If you get stuck or need more help along the way feel free to get back in touch.

Thank you,

Nathan, Engineer
Nathan, Engineer