Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Would like to download software to run our Canon MX479 on an…

Would like to download...

Would like to download software to run our Canon MX479 on an IPad.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX479?

First time to IPad, printer runs fine on my laptop.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

Don’t think we ever have from purchase 3 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that i am on the IPad. Is that a problem.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/17/2018
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is the printer connected to same WiFi network your iPad has connected?

Sorry, we left the house shortly after I started this communication.
Am back home and yes this computer and IPAD are on our home WIFI.

You don't need any special software for the printer as it already support AirPrint feature. Just open anything on your iPad, like emai or photo, tap Share button and tap Print. This will recognize the printer and let you print.

There is also official Canon app that allow you to print from iPad with some advanced options. Open App Store on your iPad, search Canon PRINT app. Install it and open it. It will find your printer and let you print.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Appears to work. I must admit I totally don't understand how it worked without setting up the software on the IPAD.
What am I paying $39 for? To be told works????

The drivers of the printer are built in. Regarding payment, This is a paid support site. You are paying for the support you get in here.

BTW I didn't accept the secure remote offer since as that service is not needed. So you don't have to pay the $39. You can contact the customer support at *****@******.*** and they will refund you the $39 security deposit you made here.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Technician