Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is acanon pixma mg 3650. when i scan a page, it comes out…

Customer Question
It is acanon pixma...

It is acanon pixma mg 3650. when i scan a page, it comes out quarter the original size, baffled.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Canon Pixma MG 3600. I just want to use it as a photocopier in this instance.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Since new, couple of weeks..

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I dont know.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i just want to photocopy a few pages.I have cracked printing from photos in my laptop.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/17/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 1 month ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Do you mean that you are scanning something in, saving it, then printing what you saved? If so, please click on the following link to review settings in the print driver setup window that may correct this issue:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/PrinterDriver/W/MG3600%20series/1.0/EN/PPG/dg-c_scaling.html

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Look, I want to simply copy a document or letter straight out of the box, full size. The laptop does not need to be switched on. I used the scan and print buttons and it comes out quarter size. The black ink button does not respond either. Unfortunately the laptop needs a separate cd unit, so until I get one I cannot read the cd. Previous canon printers I have had could be used independently in this way.

Check to see if it's set to A4 instead of letter by doing the following:

Switching Page Size between A4 and Letter for copying function:

You can switch the size of paper loaded in the front tray between A4 and Letter.

This setting is useful if you usually load Letter-sized paper in the front tray.

Make sure machine is turned on.

Press and hold Stop button and release it when Alarm lamp flashes 10 times.

The ON lamp starts flashing instead of remaining lit.

Press Black button to select A4, or Color button to select Letter.

The ON lamp stops flashing and remains lit and the paper size is changed.

Note

When you switch the page size to A4 or Letter, load paper of the selected size.

When the page size is set to A4, load A4 plain paper.

When the page size is set to Letter, load Letter-sized plain paper.

This setting is retained even if the machine is turned off.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did actually get a result once by doing this, but it reverted to the old setting when I attempted it again, and refused to go back. I repeated the excercize , but ended up with 5 more quarter size copies. I need an explanation of what on earth is going on.

It may be a defect. I think you mentioned it is a new printer. If so, you may want to consider returning it. Below are the steps for a factory reset of the printer. After doing this, the printer may need to be installed again for printing and scanning.

How to Restore the Machine's Network Settings to Factory Default
Important

Note that initialization erases all network settings on the machine, and printing or scanning operation from a computer over network may become impossible. To use the machine over network, perform setup according to the instructions on our website.

Follow the procedure below to initialize the network settings.

Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes 17 times.

Release the Stop button.

The network settings are initialized.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply, I will return it to the shop as soon as I get the time.
Sheri
Sheri
Sheri, Expert